Options for use of Python in dynamic web-pages?

Iwan van der Kleyn ivdkleyn at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 4 06:35:57 EDT 2000

Hi there,

I have to implement a website with quite a lot of dynamic web-pages for a
non-profit organisation. Because of this the target-platforms are Linux,
Apache and Python (budgetary reasons; Python has been selected for its ease
of use though) . However, the present (static) site already generates quite
a lot of traffic so, guessing from all the negative commentary considering
the performance of Python with "plain" CGI I've found on the Web, I'll need
a special module wich integrates the Python interpreter into Apache. (Zope
is no option BTW, too complex for the moment :-)

My question is: which one? I've found several modules wich promises fast use
of Python: pyApache, the "Python FastCGI Wrapper",
mod_Python and "Webware for Python". Could anyone give advice about which
product to use? Are they stable, any disadvantages?

Thanks & Regards,

Iwan