python docs in info format

Alex the_brain at mit.edu
Sun Oct 15 08:08:37 EDT 2000

> I'm not a perl guru. (Why does python use perl script to format docs)
> anyway. Can someone provide the info files ? -- why can they not be
> found at http://www.python.org/doc/current/download.html ?

html2texi.pl seems to have rotted.  There's some stuff in latex2html
that it doesn't know how to deal with any more.  To restore the info
files, I started writing a tex2info.py script.  It was going to rot
pretty quickly, too, because I was writing it to just deal with the
macros in the python *.tex files, but you'd be welcome to take it and
finish it off, or use any of it in a script of your own in any fashion.
There's a copy in

http://puffin.lcs.mit.edu:8080/tex2info.py

Alex.

--