A Suggestion (please read and respond)

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 15:42:50 EST 2000

"Alex" <not_such_a_brain_after_all at mit.edu> wrote in message
news:etdsnpenp7s.fsf at nerd-xing.mit.edu...

> > This would seem tantamount to a mother making her little children pay
> > her for lunch, rather than providing it for free, to prepare them for
> > the harsher "real world" of restaurants:-).
>
> Don't knock it till you've tried it.  It's character building, and

Yeah, that's the point: if you want a "character-building" language,
Python is *NOT* a viable candidates... it pampers its users in a
wonderful way (doesn't _spoil_ them, mind you: no silly so-called
"convenient" things as automatic number<->string coercions at
need [tantamount to a grandparent giving a kid all the sweets he
wants..._:)], but "pampers" feels just right -- coding in Python
gives me the strong impression of being loved and cared for!-).

Eiffel is my suggestion if you're into "bondage and discipline"...
C++ if you're into _really_ _truly_ kinky stuff (adults only!-).

Alex