Pmw: Slow Dialogs

Horst Gassner horst at proceryon.at
Thu Oct 5 04:14:59 EDT 2000

Hello!

I had the same problem and got the following answer:

=============
My experiments have shown that this has something to do with
the sequence of function calls in the setgeometryanddeiconify()
function in the file PmwBase.py. I'm not sure if I have found the
"correct" sequences yet, but I could get rid of the symptoms for
the unix branch by moving the final "window.tkraise()" from the
last line up to just below the "else:".

Not really understanding everything that happens there, I can't
stress enough that this means just treating the symptoms for the
moment. There may be other dependencies that would dictate a
different sequence.

Maybe Greg could comment?

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com