Getting a cookie

Calvelo Daniel dcalvelo at pharion.univ-lille2.fr
Wed Oct 4 10:38:07 EDT 2000

Jose Isaias Cabrera <jicman at cinops.xerox.com> wrote:

[snip context]
: print hdrs
:
: and I get
:
: Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 16:21:07 GMT
: Server: Apache/1.3.0 (Unix)
: Set-Cookie: Blah-blah=78s82%23^%%%^
: Connection: close

Which is *one* string.

: but I can not get the content of the cookie into a variable because I can't
: not search through it or anything.  If I use the line,
:
: for x in hdrs:
:     print x
:
: it gives me the error
[snip]

If you want to parse the 'hdrs' string to obtain the 'Set-Cookie' fields,
try something like:

>>> hdrs = """Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 16:21:07 GMT
... Server: Apache/1.3.0 (Unix)
... Set-Cookie: Blah-blah=78s82%23^%%%^
... Connection: close
Blah-blah=78s82%23^%%%^

The standard module 'mimetools' might be useful to you too.

HTH, DCA

-- Daniel Calvelo Aros
     calvelo at lifl.fr