WIN32 questions

Drew Whitehouse Drew.Whitehouse at anu.edu.au
Tue Oct 24 22:02:20 EDT 2000

Hi,

Can some of the win32 gurus help me with a few things...

I want to have a win2k system startup (and shutdown) a full-screen GUI
program on a dozen other win2k systems. Can I do this without having
the operator logon to each of the systems manually (it's a kiosk like
facility) ? Should I be using an NT Service ?

Is there a way to trap the closing of a window from a command line
python program ? ie a user double clicks on a python app icon, it runs
continuously in a console window and eventually they hit the kill
button. (try: .. finally: .. doesn't handle this). I need to do
various cleanup actions before the program dies, which leads me to my
next question.

I notice that win32com clients that don't exit normally don't properly
cleanup server instances ie there is a pythonw.exe left running in the
background (motivation for the previous question). How do I clean-out
these orphaned instances ?

Finally, does anyone have a method/module for reading a
joystick/gamepad from wxPython ?

Thanks,
Drew

--
;; Drew.Whitehouse at anu.edu.au   Sci-Viz/VR Programmer
;; Australian National University Supercomputer Facility