ANNOUNCE: PySymbolic - Doing Symbolics in Python

Janko Hauser jhauser at ifm.uni-kiel.de
Wed Oct 11 12:16:16 EDT 2000

victor at idaccr.org (Victor S. Miller) writes:

> The second (and newer) is LiDIA from University of Darmstadt
> (http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/TI/LiDIA/).  It's free for
> non-commercial use.  It's written in C++.  It has pretty much the same
> capabilities as gp (plus some more).  It would also be much easier to
> integrate into Python (I think) since it has a clean interface to a
> storage allocator (you can put in your own), and all other hooks to
> the system.

One question,as you seem to have looked into this. Would it be
possible to evaluate the these symbolic expressions with NumPy arrays?

This would mean transfering a symbolic expression into working code?

__Janko

--
  Institut fuer Meereskunde             phone: 49-431-597 3989
  Dept. Theoretical Oceanography        fax  : 49-431-565876
  Duesternbrooker Weg 20                email: jhauser at ifm.uni-kiel.de
  24105 Kiel, Germany