Does a PVM (Python Virtual Maschine) exists ?

Stephan Becker stephan.becker at oracle.com
Fri Oct 6 09:47:16 EDT 2000

Hello out there,

I´am planing to write a middle tier application using python.
This thing will be a kind a software like those nifty applets called
Java Servlets running within a JVM of a application server or virtual
middle tier of a database (Oracle 8i).
I like to communicate with other instances of my persistent Python
Servlet on different servers using the ORB  protocoll or any other
matching middle tier communication facility.
This piece of Software will use a database connections (MySQL, Oracle
... ) and schould produce HTML dynamically like Servlet´s usually do.

I´ve heard about JPython producing java classes runable on any JVM. But
this cross compiled bytecode does not perform as good as python normaly
performs.

So what about a P(ython)VM ??
Any comments ?

reagards