Python IDE: Boa (was: Is this a dream or a nightmare?)

Bernhard Reiter breiter at usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Tue Oct 10 17:11:31 EDT 2000

In article <qtn6uskoupefvbik66onukbnnb54cmmdss at 4ax.com>,
	Bill Hunter <bkhunter at best.com> writes:

> A real IDE for Python would be wonderful.  No criticism implied of
> IDLE or PythonWin -  I'd just like to wake up some morning and find
> something that didn't make my VB-centric colleagues roll their eyes.

I recently gave the CVS version of Boa-Constructor a spin.
(writing an article about wxPython for a new German Developer magazin).
It actually aims to be an IDE, inspired by Delphi.
A lot of stuff is in place, though it still needs some work it is
worth checking out.

	http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/

> And sure, I'd pay some money for it.
Well hire a support programmer. :)
	Bernhard

ps: Personally I think that most IDEs are too bloated and self inclided.
The only one I really liked were the development tools of NeXTStep...
Unfortunatly Boa also suffers from this bloat.

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)