Vaults of Parnassus available as RSS newsfeed

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 26 12:20:14 EDT 2000

A few months back I suggested to Tim Middleton that he make his Vaults
of Parnassus resource directory available as a Rich Site Summary
newsfeed. This he kindly agreed to do and I've been using it for some
time now; I thought others might like to know about it.

The newsfeed is available as the file below and contains headlines
about the 15 latest Python resources submitted to Parnassus:

    http://www.vex.net/parnassus/parnassus.rss

If you don't want to render the file yourself, there are various portal
sites that grab the newsfeed and make it available as one of their
channels. You can add it to MyNetscape with:

    http://my.netscape.com/addchannel.tmpl?service=net.2254

MyUserland makes it available as channel 1944:

    http://my.userland.com/viewChannel$1944

XMLTree's NewsBoy can deliver it daily to your e-mail address:

   http://www.xmltree.com/newsBoy/subscribeForm.cfm?ResourceID=5621

Unfortunately O'Reilly's Meerkat syndication service doesn't yet
include the Parnassus newsfeed.

Hamish Lawson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.