String adding.

Mike Fletcher mfletch at tpresence.com
Tue Oct 17 21:24:20 EDT 2000

Python tries not to do "magic" stuff when you add variables (since people
often expect magic to do different things depending on intention, rather
than anything in the code). Use string formatting (my recommended practice,
not that my recommending anything means much), which is a very powerful
mechanism in Python inherited from C:

	'<%s>'% (intName )

or, if that's too weird for you, use the built-in function str to convert to
a string representation before adding:

	'<' + str( intName) + '>'

(see also: hex, oct, int, float, long, string.atoi, string.atof,
string.atol)
HTH,
Mike