idle6.0 german umlauts (ascii > 128 Exception)

Gerrit Muller gmuller at worldonline.nl
Mon Nov 6 14:51:42 EST 2000

Your last experiment contradicts the first message. I remember having the
same problem, when writing a program for my daughter to learn her French. At
first it didn't work, while a later try after restarting IDLE it simply
worked... I have the impression that TkInter sometimes keeps some
(nasty/faulty) state information screwing up all later attempts. Restarting
IDLE usually works.

Gerrit

Walter.Zettel heeft geschreven in bericht
<8u71mh$4pg$02$1 at news.t-online.com>...
>This is not acceptable for me.
>
>Python is able to handle umlauts:
>
>C:\home>bash
>~ $python
>Python 2.0 (#8, Oct 16 2000, 17:27:58) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>Type "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

>The problem is not one of Python!
>
>Strings are as i see it connected bytes and it should not matter if the
>value is greater than 127.
>
>Anyone out there, who can solve my problem?