idle6.0 german umlauts (ascii > 128 Exception)

Walter.Zettel Walter.Zettel at t-online.de
Mon Nov 6 16:19:02 EST 2000

No, there is no contradiction. The first experiment was in idle the second
was in a dosshell.

I have tried it again (= restarted idle): it happend again. The trace says
it is in:

  File "c:\python20\lib\codeop.py", line 61, in compile_command
    code = compile(source, filename, symbol)
UnicodeError: ASCII encoding error: ordinal not in range(128)

codeop.py seems to be the problem.

What can I do? It is very important, cause I just started "mission python"
at my company (which is a very big public employee in germany) and one
argument was idle. (ok a small one, but it is difficult to get people on
other (better) ways!)

--
cu Walter

"Gerrit Muller" <gmuller at worldonline.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:8u72ci$2mp$1 at nereid.worldonline.nl...
> Your last experiment contradicts the first message. I remember having the
> same problem, when writing a program for my daughter to learn her French.
At
> first it didn't work, while a later try after restarting IDLE it simply
> worked... I have the impression that TkInter sometimes keeps some
> (nasty/faulty) state information screwing up all later attempts.
Restarting