closing all files when program terminates

Jeff Petkau jpet at eskimo.com
Sat Nov 4 00:37:57 EST 2000

<jschmitt at vmlabs.com> wrote in message news:8tvibs$7nv$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
> I run this Python program that creates files.  If I use CONTROL-C to
> abort the Python program, I can't delete the files the Python program
> opens.  Win2K says that there has been a sharing violation.  Is there a
> way to close/release all file resources that have opened when the
> program terminates unexpectedly?

I think it's a problem in Win2K. When a program closes a file, Win2K
sometimes seems to keep it open (and report sharing violations if you
try to use it) for up to 20 seconds or so. This is a problem with lots
of applications, not just Python.

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to turn this ridiculous behavior
off.

--Jeff