Internet C++ and Python?

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Fri Nov 17 13:34:32 EST 2000

Aside:  kind of odd,  I got the replies to this message before I got the message itself.

What does Mike mean by "Jython is compiled to Java bytecode"?  As I understand it Jython is Java code (implementing a Python interpreter) so it would naturally be compiled to Java bytecode.  Are Python apps compiled using Jython compiled to Java bytecode or Python bytecode?

-D

PS.  Jochen mentioned to me off-list that I totally missed his point by not fully understanding CommonLisp.  As a result my previous post is meaningless.