_PyImport_FixupExtension Error

Ron Clarke ron_clarke at hp.com
Mon Nov 6 15:08:29 EST 2000

I received the following error message when trying to import a Windows DLL
built with the necessary Python methods (I thought!) via py_cpp:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Python20\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py", line 301, in
RunScript
    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
  File "E:\PythonScripts\BK\bkdotest.py", line 11, in ?
    DoMain()
  File "E:\PythonScripts\BK\bkdotest.py", line 7, in DoMain
    import bkdo
SystemError: _PyImport_FixupExtension: module bkdo not loaded

I've looked, but cannot find what _PyImport_FixupExtension does, or how to
correct the error. Any suggestions?
Here is the Python code (simple and straightforward; the real problem is
probably in the C++ code in the DLL):
import os, sys

def DoMain():
    import bkdo