Tk with thread - Lost in Thread Space

Mike Clarkson support at internetdiscovery.com
Mon Nov 6 14:56:16 EST 2000

On 28 Oct 2000 16:57:25 GMT, lvirden at cas.org wrote:
>According to Seung Chan Lim <limsc at maya.com>:
>:I'm just fooling around with threads and Tk...
>
>Danger Will Robinson...
>
>Tk is not thread safe yet.

I know that Tk is not thread-safe, but I don't know what that means in
practical terms. I see that communication between Tk in _tkinter.c
and python is thread safe, so my question is the following:

	If you have one (and only one) Tk running in one python thread

are you "thread-safe" (assuming the Tk itself does not use threads)?

I assume that python threads are  safe with regard to each other, and
that python threads are safe with respect to the Tk running in the
main python thread. So it would seem to me that one Tk _tkinter in
phython is  "thread-safe" with regard to itself and to other python
threads? Am I right?

Many thanks,

Mike.