how can I tell when a Thread object dies?

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Tue Nov 7 20:36:04 EST 2000

In article <8u9lon$v7f$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, yinger  <ayinger1 at my-deja.com> wrote:

>I can't use threadObject.join() because in some cases I don't want to
>join the thread.

I see that David Bolen provided most of the info you need.  The only
addition is that if you want to monitor the thread, you either need to
use Thread.isAlive() or set some kind of state.  One option would be for
the thread to register itself in a Queue when it's finished.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

I guess I mostly see Life [tm] as a process of closing doors that you
might want to go through.  --Aahz