xml how to and saxlib

Syver Enstad syver.enstad at sensewave.com
Wed Nov 1 18:24:49 EST 2000

"Syver Enstad" <syver.enstad at sensewave.com> wrote in message
news:8tpmj4$hme$1 at troll.powertech.no...
> I am using the xml howto, and trying the example but
> from xml.sax import saxlib won't work (Python 2.0)

It seems it has been replaced in Python 2 and the how-to is not updated yet.
There seems to be no xml.sax.saxlib.HandlerBase anymore. It seems one can do
something similar by doing this:
(I'm a total newbie on the xml.sax module in Python, so treat the following
code with suspicion)

import xml.sax.handler

class HandlerBase(
    xml.sax.handler.ContentHandler, xml.sax.handler.ErrorHandler,
    xml.sax.handler.EntityResolver, xml.sax.handler.DTDHandler):
    """Defines a helper class that you can derive from when
    making handler classes to use with the sax parser"""

and then using

class FindIssue(HandlerBase):

in the tutorial.