Approaching the problem...

Justin Sheehy justin at iago.org
Tue Nov 21 01:24:58 EST 2000

Trond Hanssen <th at alley.org> writes:

> I'm not up-to-date on everything that's new in the wonderful world of
> Gnus, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there is a "select
> method" (in Gnus parlance) for reading News from Deja.

It is not perfect, nor is it really a good way to read news in
general, but it exists:

http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_172.html#IDX1716

> If somebody decided to do a version of RFC1149 for NNTP, I'm sure
> Gnus would support it about 15 minutes after publication.

I am pretty sure it took more than 15 minutes, but the spirit it
certainly there.  Long live Gnus.

On a related note, I would have given up on slashdot ages ago if not
for the ability to read it through Gnus.  With good threading, a nice
interface, judicious scoring... it's almost bearable.

-Justin