Internet C++ and Python?

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Fri Nov 17 03:00:52 EST 2000

>The most interesting point to me is the possibility to compile python
>directly into icvm-bytecode just like Jython into Java bytecode but with the
>difference of a higher performance.

Maybe, but keep in mind that the very dynamicity of python is also
its downfall when it comes to performance. Python won't, as it stands,
compile to bytecode with performance anything resembling Internet
C++.

>So far the only thing about Python I dislike is the slow performance for
>some tasks.

I've heard Vyper is faster than vanilla Python. But that aside, I believe
you will have to wait on some fairly heavy-duty compiler technology,
man. Getting dynamic languages to perform well is a black art.

C//