The origin of Python?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at effbot.org
Sat Nov 18 07:20:58 EST 2000

Gareth McCaughan wrote:
> There was nothing very special about the name; they
> considered lots of others and that was the best they
> found. I recently saw (but have completely forgotten
> where, alas) a list of names they considered and rejected.

http://www.amk.ca/quotations/python-quotes.html

    "1 2 3 / It's Them! / Arthur Megapode's Flying Circus
    / The Horrible Earnest Megapode / The Panic Show /
    The Plastic Mac Show / Ow! It's Colin Plint! / Vaseline
    Review / Vaseline Parade / The Keen Show / Brian's
    Flying Circus / The Year of the Stoat / Cynthia Fellatio's
    Flying Circus / Owl Stretching Time / The Whizzo
    Easishow! (Guaranteed to last 1/2 hour! Money back
    if not!)

http://www.comedyzone.beeb.com/comedy/bestof/features/montypython/python_history.html

also mentions Gwen Dibley's Flying Circus, Bob Python's
Flying Circus, and Norman Python's Flying Circus.

</F>

<!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the standard python library:
-->