Learning Python

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at home.com
Fri May 5 17:34:31 EDT 2000

Hi All--

"Snoopy :-))" wrote:

> Hi Alan :-)
> If you are new to Programming then In addition to the Tutorials found on
> Python's Home Page you should get as the 1st. choice "Teach Yourself Python
> in 24hrs". It was just Published a couple of weeks ago and I bought it right
> away.
>
> "Learning Python" is a very good book, but as a Newbie I found it quite
> overwhealming, to the point, that I almost stopped learning Python.  On the
> Other hand I am very happy that I bought the "Teach Yourself Python in
> 24hrs". I find it considerable easier to comprehend the concepts, etc.
>
> You can read the book online at the following:
>         http://63.64.27.76/TYPython/
>
> Check it out, then buy it. You won't be sorry.

Thanks for the kind words, Snoopy.  One tiny correction:  I'm happy to
announce that my webserver survived the relocation from Callware to
co-location at aros.net, and that the proper URL seems to have
propagated throughout the internet.  Please try:

	http://www.pauahtun.org/TYPython/

I had some trouble yesterday downloading from the old IP address.  In
any case, that machine will only be on till Monday, at which time it
will be turned off and cannibalized.

Also, please note my new email address.  I've left Callware and taken a
job with Axent

	http://www.axent.com/

where, at least to start, *I GET TO WRITE PYTHON*!

<phyton-RULZ!>-ly y'rs,
Ivan <with-a-tip-of-the-hat-to-martijn>-too;-)
Ivan Van Laningham
Axent, Inc.
http://www.pauahtun.org and
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours