COM + reload()

Josef Dalcolmo dalcolmo at mediaone.net
Fri May 5 08:44:59 EDT 2000

I am using Python as a COM client and server for Excel. E.g. I have a couple
of buttons in Excel calling some methods in Python, which in turn use COM to
read from and write to Excel. Everything works fine, but when I make a
change in the Python program, no matter in which module, the change is never
reflected in the call started by Excel, until I restart the program.

Even when reloading the top level module on every call from Excel, and
making the changes only in that top level module, the program called by
Excel never changes, until I restart Excel.

Does anyone know how I can change this behavior, e.g. how I can force the
changes to take effect?

- Josef