Another salvo in the indentation war? I hope not.

rzantow at my-deja.com rzantow at my-deja.com
Fri May 26 08:20:48 EDT 2000

In article <8gkj14$2p9a$1 at thoth.cts.com>,
  Will Rose <cwr at crash.cts.com> wrote:

> I'd be inclined to uuencode any large Python programs I posted; I've
> been through the whitespace saga with posted C patches, and uuencoding
> was the only way around that.  Block marking's a lost cause, tho';
I've
> been trying to find some straightforward way of simulating it, but all
> the solutions so far have been worse than the problem.

Seems like reasonable advice to me. And as another poster said, fixing
the reader would probably help. In the particulars of this case,
though, I was on the receiving end, which rules out my uuencoding, and
I can't say whether it was the browser, the mail sender, the receiver,
or somewere in between that chewed up leading whitespace. It wouldn't
have mattered if it had been encoded, of course, or marked or delimited
or whatever, but it's still a pain when it does happen.

--
Pythons: in Greek mythology, a huge serpent that was killed by Apollo
at Delphi because it would not let him found his Oracle...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.