Another salvo in the indentation war? I hope not.

Will Rose cwr at crash.cts.com
Thu May 25 21:12:04 EDT 2000

rzantow at my-deja.com wrote:
: This isn't really intended to launch into Yet Another Indentation
: Threat, but I have one plausible argument in favor of some form of
: block marking: When a newsreader, browser, or mail program trashes the
: indentation from examples of Python source, it is a real pain in the
: hindlimbs to recover the original program logic.

I'd be inclined to uuencode any large Python programs I posted; I've
been through the whitespace saga with posted C patches, and uuencoding
was the only way around that.  Block marking's a lost cause, tho'; I've
been trying to find some straightforward way of simulating it, but all
the solutions so far have been worse than the problem.

will
cwr at cts.com