Python Plans from ActiveState

David Ascher DavidA at ActiveState.com
Thu May 11 19:33:41 EDT 2000

Hello all --

Here's a heads-up regarding some of the things that ActiveState is planning
in the short term for Python users everywhere:

  - as Python 1.6 is released, we will be publishing an ActivePython
distribution.  This distribution, like ActivePerl, will allow easy binary
installation on Windows, Solaris and Linux.  It is intended as an
alternative to the source distribution and to Guido's installer for Win32.

  - our website (www.ActiveState.com) will be reworked to highlight our
Python efforts and provide Python-related information, Python-related
openings, etc.

We have more things in the works, which we are confident will please Python
users worldwide, but you'll have to wait until we're ready to announce
those.  Also, we're always looking for good developers -- contact me
(DavidA at ActiveState.com) if you have questions or would like to submit a
resume.

-- David Ascher
   ActiveState Tool Corporation