hungarian notation is evil (was Re: Do I always have to write "self." ?)

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Thu May 18 09:26:35 EDT 2000

> Unfortunately one deficiency of the English language is difficulty with
> disambiguating uses of 'your'.  My remark was not intended to apply to
> you or anyone else in particular.

Well, since I wasn't the original poster and I'm an expert C++
programmer, I assumed not . :)

> However if I have a piece of code that
> is written by someone whose expertise I respect and I cannot understand
> it then my first question is about my own competency.

Sometimes nasty code is just nasty code because the linguistic
constructs are nasty. STL is an example of this, IMO. Programmers
are actually *encouraged* to use that evil abberration :) as if
it were the "right" thing. Good grief. Compare all the Satanic :)
container class instantiations and their iterator declaration
counterparts to the simple containers of Python.

End of story.

C/