Python(path) and the location of the Python DLL.

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon May 15 18:54:25 EDT 2000

"Stephen" <stephen at cerebralmaelstrom.com> wrote in message
news:XwOT4.8283$WS3.66942 at typhoon.we.rr.com...

> #1) I'll be using the latest version (1.6a2), but I don't want it to get
> involved with any current versions running on the same machine. Is there
> anything wrong with me renaming the DLL?

It will make life harder for you - why not just keep it in a different
directory?  Many apps install shared-DLLs for themselves in this way - eg,
its not uncommon to find specific versions of "msvcrt.dll" in an
applications directory even though one obviously also exists in the system
directory.

> #2) Where can I change the registry key that my DLL looks for to find
the
> python path information?

There is a string resource in the DLL that holds the key.  The default
value is "1.6".  You can change this value without recompiling.

Use the source, Luke!

Mark.