Why Python needs Evangelizing

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Sat May 13 17:13:27 EDT 2000

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Oh me too. Python's now really at the very edge of the 'straight up into
> infinity' part of the exponential curse, um, curve.

And I--for one--am *delighted* to be an "early adopter"--for once.  (I
know, I know: Python has been around for many years...)

When I bought "Learning Python", I ended up finding it and the other
Python books by accident in the "Unix" section of Barnes & Noble, after
having first scoured the "Languages" section for them.  Since Python
isn't especially Unix-inspired, perhaps this suggests the need to
increase Python awareness.

Then again, maybe it was in the Unix section simply because there was no
room in the Languages section--which was packed tight with Perl and Java
books.

the-success-of-a-programming-language-is-judged-not-by-how-many
   -books-it-has-but-by-how-few-it-needs-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com