Why should I switch to Python?

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 11 23:48:45 EDT 2000

On 11 May 2000 09:38:39 -0400, Dan Schmidt <dfan at harmonixmusic.com>

> Learning Python is much much better, and is more complete than you
> think if you're the kind of person (like me) who generally turns up
> his nose at 'Learning XXX' books.

	If "Learning Python" had been the first book out, we might now
be swamping PERL <G>

	At least I haven't found a Python book as bad as two (of 6) Ada
texts at Computer Literacy. In both of those texts, the reference to
"task" was in the list of language keywords. The entire tasking system
built into the Ada language was tossed out of these books. What was left
was "Learn Pascal using Ada Syntax".