Why should I switch to Python?

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 12 23:38:09 EDT 2000

On Fri, 12 May 2000 01:00:08 -0600, "Andrew Dalke" <dalke at acm.org>

> I assume VB has similar syntax?  Then explaining declarations

	Usage of %, #, and $ (integer, double, and string as I recall)
is deprecated in VB(A). Instead, the old "DIM" (originally only used to
"dimension" arrays) is now used for type declarations, not just array...

>From the help system:

	Dim [WithEvents] varname[([subscripts])] [As [New] type] [,
[WithEvents] varname[([subscripts])] [As [New] type]] . . .

	type 	Optional. Data type of the variable; may be Byte,
Boolean, Integer, Long, Currency, Single, Double, Decimal (not currently
supported), Date, String (for variable-length strings), String * length
(for fixed-length strings), Object, Variant, a user-defined type, or an
object type. Use a separate As type clause for each variable you
declare.