Help getting ISP to install Python

Kevin Dahlhausen morse at harborcom.net
Thu May 11 12:57:28 EDT 2000

Hi,

I've asked my ISP to support Python, but it looks like they will need a hand, at
least a pointer in the right direction.  Are there any restricted environments
for Python to allow this ISP to safely install it for CGI usage?   I know their
server runs on NT.   Any suggestions on helping them to decide what to install
and how to make it secure from their perspective?

Here's the email from tech-support:

	We have the standard installation of Activestate Perl
	(www.activestate.com) on all servers. I am not sure about installing
	Python as no clients have requested this yet - I would need to request
	Administrator to follow up but since we have'nt tested it before this
	will likely take time assuming Administrator ok's it.

I couldn't tell you what ActiveState Perl is (yet), but apparently it must
provide the safeguards to let them run CGI perl scripts on NT.

Thanks,
Kevin