case-sensitivity compromise proposal

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed May 24 00:27:59 EDT 2000

"Thomas Heller" <thomas.heller at ion-tof.com> wrote in message
news:020501bfc4b8$3ad35c20$4500a8c0 at thomasnb...

> Not long ago I proposed to extend instance-objects to accept mappings
> (UserDict or even C-extensions) as __dict__ instead of real dictionaries
> only.

hehe - there are some wicked tricks you could start pulling there :-)

Ive got a feeling that if we re-propose this on python-dev after 1.6 has
been released, we will get a more sympathetic ear.  Im sure I will forget,
so feel free to remind me in a couple of months, and we can work out how
best to propose this then - more along the lines of "extending the
abstract dictionary interface" than a case-sensitivty related proposal ;-)

Mark.