ANNOUNCEMENT: Python Development Team Moves to BeOpen.com

tismer Kaun tismer at tismer.com
Tue May 30 18:11:09 EDT 2000

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Paul Magwene <paul.magwene at yale.edu> wrote:
> > < news of the impending move to PythonLabs snipped>
>
> > Oddly enough, I found the most exciting part of this announcement (other
> > than the news that Guido et al. will be devoting their full efforts to
> > Python) to be the fact that I can now put a face to the name "Tim
> > Peters" (see http://www.pythonlabs.com/team.html ).
>
> Me too. I wanted to post this! A face for Tim Peters! Yay!
>
> > That photo isn't a fake, is it?
>
> Of course it's a fake. You didn't see any mention of the PSU in that FAQ
> either, did you? This is all going exactly according to plan. We need
> to be prepared for the Whitespace Invasion in 2010.

Doesn't look like a fake. Strong back, weak mind, that's
the picture that has been drawn by one of his early
employers. Maybe we should not take the mind part too seriously :-)

> And-what-about-Gordon-McMillan-hm?-ly yours,

Wanna picture? Gordon looks like a wise Indidana, a very tall
and very pretty guy, dark skin, white hair, soundy deep voice,
absolutely lovely to talk to, and I can assure your he is one
of the greatest guys and best friends I ever met - ly - chris