SystemError: NULL result without error in call_object

Gaetan Corneau corg at copernic.com
Wed May 10 10:48:50 EDT 2000

Mark,

> If the object is attempting to return an array of COM objects (ie,
> IDispatch or IUnknown pointers), then this is a bug in the
> COM extensions recently fixed (I think I posted exactly when only a
> couple of days ago...)

I'm using 1.5.2 and win32all-129 with the latest patch. Is that supposed to
be OK, or should I look for a specific file?

Yesterday night, I have been able to narrow down the problem to two lines of
code in my implementation of the "Next" function in my enumerator. If I set
the variant type to "variant", and put my IDispatch interfaces in, it
*almost* work: instead of receiving an IDispatch in each iteration of my
"for" loop, I get a single element tuple containing the IDispatch:
(<COMObject <unknown>>,). I tried setting the variant type to "integer" and
returned integers, but in Python, I still got single element tuples
containing my values.

Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
   Gaetan Corneau
   Software Developer
   Copernic.com
   http://www.copernic.com
   E-mail: corg at copernic.com
"Les Télétubbies, c'est de la musique d'ascenseur pour les yeux"