Compiled version when .cgi extension is used for scripts

Bernard Niset bn at 7ways.com
Tue May 16 12:34:53 EDT 2000

Our site is using python extensively and very succesfully. The only thing is that I decided to name the cgis script with an extension in .cgi instead of .py. The drawback of this decision is that no compiled version is generated when a script is executed meaning that it needs a recompilation on each execution.

How can I generate a compiled version of the scripts and how should I name them in order for the interpreter to take them into account.

Thanks in advance for your help,

  Bernard Niset

  7Ways development team

  http://www.tldnames.com