Python equivalent to Perl's warn/confess/die

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Wed May 24 10:10:38 EDT 2000

I looked in the Perl/Python phrasebook and didn't see anything that
discusses an easy way to write warnings to the screen.

For instance, in Perl if I wanted to write something to stderr to show
where in my process I am, I'd say:

  warn "$n records read";

Now, I know I can say

  sys.stderr.write( '%s records read' % n )

But is there a module somewhere that encapsulates that so I don't
explicitly send it to stderr?

xoxo,
andy

--
Andy Lester, andy at petdance.com, http://www.petdance.com
    "Inflammable material is planted in my head