VCC PRIORITY QUEUE NATIVE IMPL

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.demon.co.uk
Tue May 30 05:57:34 EDT 2000

In article <3932C43C.8E617E0 at san.rr.com>, Courageous
<jkraska1 at san.rr.com> writes

>This is a visual c++ implementation of a heap-priority queue.
>It is 5-6 times faster than the equivalent python, as tested
>doing heapsort. This priority queue implements "lowest is best"
>priority, so all pops always retrieve the lowest item in the
>queue.
>
>This is my second implementation of a python C extension, and
>I believe it is correct, however there exists some small chance
>I've messed up something with references, as I'm fairly new at
>this.
>
>Hope someone finds this useful,
>
>C/
very nice I'm sure, but wouldn't it be better to stuff this on a home
page somewhere and give us a bit of information to go along with it
about how and why it's useful and perhaps a simple python example?

I guess this may have something to do with the queue comparison you
mention elsewhere, but as a lowly engineer I'm not sure.

Minor carping aside it builds fine.
--
Robin Becker