Case-sensitivity: why -- or why not? (was Re: Damnation!)

Ben Wolfson rumjuggler at cryptarchy.org
Sun May 21 15:22:49 EDT 2000

On 21 May 2000 18:22:26 GMT, scarblac-spamtrap at pino.selwerd.nl (Remco
Gerlich) wrote:

>Besides, it's apparently easier
>to use for newbies, who have never learned that 'Friend' and 'friend' are
>completely unrelated words.

Then they should learn that they are.

If a person can't get used to case-sensitivity, I don't see how that
person will get over the learning curve for other aspects of the
language.

People get marked down on essays for not beginning sentences with
capitalized words, anyway; it's not like case-sensitivity is a
revolutionary concept limited only to programming languages.

--
Barnabas T. Rumjuggler

I'm sure there isn't a single person alive who hasn't mistaken an
antimetabole for a chiasmus before.
 -- John Flynn