Cross-compiling Python

Alexander V. Voinov avv at quasar.ipa.nw.ru
Wed May 24 13:46:20 EDT 2000

Hi,

Jan Kybic wrote:
> Has anyone here ever tried to cross-compile Python?

I tried, and I changed the tests in configure.in, which try to run apps
locally, statically to their respective results I knew for sure for the
target configuration. It was not difficult to guess the meaning of the
tests from the corresponding parts of configure.in. You may consider
something exotic, like running these applications on the target via rsh,
but I believe it's not necessary.

I also reported this issue there.

There were also three people who ported Python to VxWorks, you may
contact them, if they reveal themlselves, your target looks a bit
similar.

Alexander