IDEs, ID or EGO? (was: Decimals -> Fraction strings, my solution

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 16 23:17:58 EDT 2000

On Wed, 17 May 2000 08:07:50 +0900, Gregory Tucker <tuckerg at acm.org>

> nothing but a standard text editor (GVIM). Languages like Java or C++
> typically require one to open an IDE, create a project, drag a few buttons,
> insert code, save, compile, etc.

	They do? Strange... And here I've been using an archaic editor
(EDT) for coding and even for maintenance of makefiles (MMS) for over a
decade...

	Just because M$ doesn't want to reveal all the command line
options to work from outside of their "visual" environment doesn't mean
the language requires it <G>

	The only IDEs I work with are on my home computer -- and I don't
really develop on that machine (VBA, GNAT/AdaGIDE, Fujitsu COBOL starter
pack, PythonWin, ObjectREXX). My real job doesn't have anything so
modern...