IDEs, ID or EGO? (was: Decimals -> Fraction strings, my solution

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Fri May 26 17:14:15 EDT 2000

Courageous wrote:

> >         Just because M$ doesn't want to reveal all the command line
> > options to work from outside of their "visual" environment doesn't mean
> > the language requires it <G>
>
> Ironically, I'm in Visual Studio right now using GVIM. This
> works fine. You just get this annoying "the file such-n-such
> has changed, would you like to load it?" every time you context-
> switch. All you do is hit return and it goes away. Very easy
> to tolerate for the pleasure of using the World's Greatest
> Editor (tm).

This is probably a good time to confess that I've recently taken to
using Visual Studio as my Python IDE.

I tried Pythonwin, which is very, very good, but I got frustrated with
the fact that each time I tried to run my revised Python code, it seemed
to remember the old version.  (Maybe there's a workaround, but the
easiest one I've found is to use an IDE that isn't written in Python.
;-)

Now, if only Visual Studio could be configured to do Python syntax
highlighting...

not-only-is-free-software-free,-the-right-to-complain-about-it
   -is-too-<wink>-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com