HELP Newbie solve this Problem

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Sat Mar 25 12:01:44 EST 2000

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000 01:15:03 -0600, Felix Thibault
<felixt at dicksonstreet.com> declaimed the following in comp.lang.python:

> Are 10, 20, and 30 continuations ?

	No. Continuations are those lines starting with "     x " (that
"x" is supposed to be in column 6 -- I see the indentation got lost in
all the quoting of text <G>).

	The "continue" statement is a "do nothing" statement in FORTRAN,
useful for attaching branch labels. FORTRAN syntax would support
dropping the "continue" and putting the label on a nearby executable
statement, IE:

   10	if (ios .eq. 0) then

   20	endif

   30	print *, char(i), '     ', counts(i)

	I just feel that style is ugly, especially if one is trying to
use indentation to reflect the code structure. Also, standard FORTRAN,
while having added a blocked IF, does not have a WHILE statement -- that
is what the "10" loop is emulating.