What is Python 3000?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sat Mar 11 11:19:58 EST 2000

In article <Pine.SO4.4.02.10003102050500.20075-100000 at ub.d.umn.edu>,
Aaron J Reichow  <reic0024 at ub.d.umn.edu> wrote:

>I've seen multiple references to this in many threads.  What exactly is
>it?  A long term goal of a Python revision or version?  I had an accursory
>look at the python site, and didn't find anything.  Anyone care to
>enlighten me?

Nobody knows what it is yet.  It is the version that will break some
compatibility with the existing Python implementations (probably in a
way similar to the move from Perl4 to Perl5).
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Along the lines of getting a massage, taking a hot bubble bath, and
swimming in a pool of warm, melted chocolate, can you give me some
innovative ways that you pamper yourself?"
"Spend three hours flaming stupid people on the Net."  --Aahz