Why should I switch to Python?

Aaron Turner aturner_ at _pobox.com
Fri Mar 31 22:43:58 EST 2000

A friend of mine is trying to convince me we should
do a project using ORBit in Python.  I've been
coding Perl for over 3 years and really like it.
(Especially it's syntax and ability to grok my
programming style.)  Now, I understand the Perl
vs. Python war and everyone has their preferred
taste in the matter.

What I'd like to hear from people is what technical
resons I should switch to Python.  Are there any
features that Python has (perhaps in it's OO
offering) that Perl lacks?  From what I can tell
people tend to prefer Python over Perl mostly
for its syntax, which I find very likable.

Thanks.