Printing from a Python program

Paul Magwene paul.magwene at yale.edu
Wed Mar 8 20:16:15 EST 2000

"Martin Skøtt" wrote:

> Hi
> I am currently working on a database project and i need a way to print
> data to an ordinary laser printer from my application. I will need two
> types of print: psoctscript (for barcodes) and normal ascii (with
> support for international characters) for different types of reports.
> Does anyone know how to accomplish this?
>
> By the way:
> Do you know a barcode utility with a python library?

I've never used the beast, but I noticed the following bar code library
on Vault's of Parnassus (which, by the way, should always be your first
stop when looking for python modules. See http://www.vex.net/parnassus/
)

http://www.cgpp.com/bookland/

According to the docs it's GPL'd, and it generates encapsulated
postscript.

Have fun,

Paul

p.s.  Why are people generating their own bar codes?  Self publishing?

--

Paul Magwene
paul.magwene at yale.edu