Tkinter and Tk 8.3

Timothy Grant tjg at avalongroup.net
Fri Mar 17 13:23:01 EST 2000

Hi all,

I just checked my archives and I see some discussion regarding Tk 8.3,
but I saw no resolutions.

I just installed Tk 8.3 and now when I import Tkinter, I get the
following traceback...

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "broker.py", line 19, in ?
    from Tkinter import *
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 8, in ?
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured
for Tk
ImportError: libtk8.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

I'm running python 1.5.2. from RPMS on a RH6.1 box. I also installed the
new Tk from RPM.

Is there a solution, or should I go back to the older version of tk? I
only upgraded because there is a tcl app I was looking at that required
a v8.3 tk.

Thanks.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Chief Technology Officer              tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.                   (503) 246-3630