What is the Python mainstream for the GUI Lib ..??

Markus Meng meng.engineering at bluewin.ch
Sat Mar 11 05:21:51 EST 2000

Hey and Hello,

first of all I like python! It's a really cool, readable
and extensible, scalable language. Comming from the TclTk
world where I liked - and still like-  mostly the Tk Lib. This
one makes is easy to build GUI's together with Tcl. However
I've seen the TkInter Approach using python AND TclTk.
It seems for me too 'over-tooled' TclTk here and and python there.
I would prefer to use a simpler approach ...

I 'played' a little with the FOX-Binding and with the wxpython.
Both Lib's a very impressive. There are other GUI lib's around
which I have not used yet...However before investing serious amount
of time in one GUI-Lib, I would like to 'feel' which GUI-LIB
will be used mostly from the python-users in the near future...

Any comments from people who build some applications whith
the Lib's mentioned above would be appreciated.

Thank's and have a nice day with the snake...

markus

** Meng Engineering        Telefon    056 222 44 10               **
** Markus Meng             Natel      079 230 93 86               **
** Bruggerstr. 21          Telefax    056 222 44 10               **
** CH-5400 Baden           Email      meng.engineering at bluewin.ch **
** Theory may inform, but Practice convinces. -- George Bain      **