popup from cgi

Ulf Engström ulf.engstrom at b2b-link.com
Thu Mar 9 08:35:31 EST 2000

A little while ago we talked about doing com-things from a cgi-script and I managed to get it working. Now I wondering about extending it a little and adding a popup from windows scripting host. In Mark Hammonds reply last time was:
> COM GUI apps wont work

Is this true for all sorts of com-objects? Is it true for scripting host? There isn't any sort of security setting that can change this? What I want is a special area on a webpage, as soon as anyone enters I want to have a popup on the computer running the webserver.

Is there any other way but com to get a nice little popup from Python? The reason I thought about WSH is that I've been working with it's shell functions and I'm using some other com-objects at the same place

Regards
Ulf